Local Music

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Local Music

Postby lornemacd » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:50 pm

Hallo!

I started this thread a while back when the forum first appeared, so I'm interested in trying it again now theres so many more members! :)

Just wondering what everyone's favourite Kintyre bands, songs etc are and what they would like to see/hear more of? Are there any pieces of music out there that you think would be of interest that perhaps have not been brought to light?

I did a small project on this for my course last year and am still interested as there is a wealth of music in the area. Even though my interests are mainly in Traditional music, lets hear whats about for all sorts.

Thanks,
Lorne
lornemacd
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:03 am

Kevin Montgomery and Johnny McKinnon, Tuesday 24th January, 2006

We will never get more local or better than that....

Tickets available now.
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:52 am

:shock: :? I should learn to write in proper sentences after being at boozy waddin' ! or better still, wait till the next day :roll:
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Local Music

Postby hoots the scoop » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:39 am

lornemacd wrote:Hallo!

I started this thread a while back when the forum first appeared, so I'm interested in trying it again now theres so many more members! :)

Just wondering what everyone's favourite Kintyre bands, songs etc are and what they would like to see/hear more of? Are there any pieces of music out there that you think would be of interest that perhaps have not been brought to light?

I did a small project on this for my course last year and am still interested as there is a wealth of music in the area. Even though my interests are mainly in Traditional music, lets hear whats about for all sorts.

Thanks,
Lorne

Lorne,

Shame no-one has replied to this :oops: Perhaps you could share some of your project findings with us which could help serve up some discussion.

Surprised the radio guys are not on this one! :wink:
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Local Music

Postby StephenJ » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:01 am

Current unsung local artists of note that I know of are Ultra Warrior Ninja Force, The Skeptic Thanx and Kamikaze Cupid.

I'd be really interested to know if there is anything else going on in the town that I'm not aware of? I haven't seen Violent Echo for a long time but I've heard good reports about them. It looks like Soviet Medicine will be doing some more good things soon too after a bit of a hiatus.
StephenJ
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:19 pm

:wink:
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:29 pm

Yawn yersel' GJO 8)

No use hinting, mention........
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:39 pm

Oh, and GJO, dont suppose I can interest you in the last of the tickets for Kevin Montgomery!!
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:20 am

:lol:
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Sweltered » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:11 am

general jack o'niell wrote:yir right, don't spose, as for mentioning, not my place, info came to me via australia, and i have no part in any plans as of yet so until i have i'm sayin nowt

Speaking of Australia I'm going to see Keith Urban in a couple of weeks.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local News and Issues