Vodafone Down

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Vodafone Down

Postby John S » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:32 am

Day 4 no Vodafone signal, second time this year this has happened. Can anybody recommend another provider in Argyll with a better track record and good coverage?

For anyone else with this problem, you can call them and get your months line rental refunded.
John S
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:04 pm

Supposed to be out for another 16 days.

O2 has always worked great around the town for me. Tmobile and Orange are ok in town, but nowhere else.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby John S » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:55 pm

Came back on 11.00am
John S
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby sahara » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:50 pm

do u think its too late to complain to vodafone? Im on monthly contract and its really annoying when it happens.
:evil:
sahara
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby John S » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:04 pm

Sahara said:

do u think its too late to complain to vodafone? Im on monthly contract and its really annoying when it happens.

go for it, they gave it to me, just tell them your moving to O2 unless they can guarantee this will not happen again.
John S
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby GarySutherland » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:37 pm

I switched from Vodafone to Orange when we moved to Carradale. You get a nice strong signal. Vodafone only seems to work down on the beach where you can see the mast on Arran.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:41 pm

If you phone and complain they will give you £10 off your account or credit... I know someone who did it yesterday :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Vodafone

Postby WC1 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:36 pm

Last time it was down for three days I complained and got £15 credit. I also wrote to our MSP and MP as there's a wider concern than just customer satisfaction. Many people nowadays don't have the traditional landline, only their mobile. When their system is down, how can they call the emergency services? It could literally be a matter of life and death. If that doesn't concern our elected members in Kilmory, Holyrood and Westminster, it should. I didn't get much satisfaction from Vodafone last time apart from my £15, so maybe it's time we had a bigger campaign going. By the way, don't bother writing to Ofcom - their response was just to state that mobile service is the responsibility of the service provider, a statement of the blindingly obvious if ever there was. So what's is Ofcom for?
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby weetoon67 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:11 am

Down again :evil: was down most o yesterday and still down the noo hope it aint down as long as last time would take us rite up 2 xmas
weetoon67
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ross » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:11 pm

just been on the phone to them(land line) and they still dont have an answer when it will be back up , said they will credit my account for the number of days without service, so thats two so far plus the four at the start of the month as mentioned above. If it doesnt get any better soon I'll be on to customer retension to see what they have to say about the matter
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Lorna Mac » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:05 pm

Happening far too often. Vodafone was always the most reliable provider. Changed to O2 last week. Only problem is cant contact anyone because they are all vodafone.. :(
Lorna Mac
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Local News and Issues