Swimming pool an ugly eyesore?

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Hoots the scoop quote: This building is an ugly eyesore

True
38%
False
62%

Total votes : 50

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:40 pm

Frosty,
also remember the tartan plaids on the concrete plinth. Used to get told not to go over the "wuddin fence" as that's where the rats were. Think it was maybe just that we were out of earshot!
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Dalintober Beach

Postby Frosty » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:16 pm

Hi Rabmacd ,

You are correct it was ' The Rat Side ' and eveyone did have thier tartan blankets to sit on , had many a wee cup of tea sat on them.
I still cannae remember the name of the shop which was in the block of houses before the Davaar Pub. Was it named after the owner ?
D id you get to see Queen on thier recent tour ? What do think of the idea of them touring again ?
Regards
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby WORKING CLASS HERO » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:44 pm

JOHNSTONS SHOP [but every one called it foosty johnstons ] the pipa pop was about 2 years out of date and the shop just smelled foosty ;those were the days
im off to see the wizard'''
WORKING CLASS HERO
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby scally wags » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:24 pm

dont forget the lovelly smelling toilets and the wee hut next to it full of empty el d bottles. I remember uld foostys tae by the time he got from the back shop to the counter EVERYONE had there pockets full ALLEGEDLY
scally wags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Jeanette » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:20 am

Mrs Martin had a drapers shop directly to the right of the bar as you look at it from the front. I think that is now an office for the A. I. ??

Jean McCallum had a small grocers/sweetie shop round where Mr Barnett has his watch repairers or just before it.

I have photo somewhere of that large property before it was dismantled and the Queen street houses built.

Something I do remember about Bob Johnston, he always wore wellington boots, even in the summer. :shock:

Scallywags, are you talking about the shelter and toilets at Dalintober beach??[/
Last edited by Jeanette on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:39 am

Frosty,
at the risk of someone pulling me up for going off the topic---I didn't see the recent tour. I may be an old traditionalist but I don't want to see a "freeformed" Queen without Freddie Mercury and John Deacon. These things are best left to memories of old. Managed to see them in their heyday-Birmingham in 1980 and 1984 and Ingliston in 1982. Fred was the ulitimate showman. No comparisons IMHO
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Swimming Pool

Postby Frosty » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:59 am

Thanks Rabmacd for your reply.
I can also recall the shelter and the toilets , good memories too( well of the shelter side that is ).
Thanks for the name of the shop , and i remember the out of date stuff too. Has it been converted back to a flat now ?
How are the repairs to the cladding progressing and is there any news on the opening . Does anyone know how much they are going to charge for swimming yet?
Regards
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Swimming Pool

Postby petewick » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:15 pm

Frosty wrote:Thanks Rabmacd for your reply.
I can also recall the shelter and the toilets , good memories too( well of the shelter side that is ).
Thanks for the name of the shop , and i remember the out of date stuff too. Has it been converted back to a flat now ?
How are the repairs to the cladding progressing and is there any news on the opening . Does anyone know how much they are going to charge for swimming yet?
Regards
Frosty

The wee shelter was known as the fishermans rest, because in past times that area was frequented by the Dalintober fishermen.
The shop you mean was a very dark wee place, I was only in it once many years ago.
That is 34 High Street, it is now a residential property.

Petewick
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Wait a Minute!

Postby Annie » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:19 am

Haul oun tae yer tallywackers boys! I thought this wiz aboot the hoora ugly pool naw freakin soap opera drama! Get back tae the task at hand, wid yez?

ANNIE
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Wait a Minute!

Postby petewick » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:28 pm

Annie wrote:Haul oun tae yer tallywackers boys! I thought this wiz aboot the hoora ugly pool naw freakin soap opera drama! Get back tae the task at hand, wid yez?

ANNIE

Don't get yer drars in a twist wummin, it's only a wee diversion from the subject in hand!

Petewick
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

swimming pool

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:46 pm

:)
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Alternative!

Postby Annie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:41 am

Ach, aways wi yez all!

If ye dinna wan tae go fer a dip in the pool cuz its "ugly," then jeest carrier yer arses doon the road and take a dip in the watter at Dalintober.

Many o' us hae dun it in the past! Young and old, drunk and sober - an' yez all know you ye ur - daent yea?!

Annie
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kinloch Road Resident » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:28 pm

Just to say - I like it!
Kinloch Road Resident
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:19 pm

i think the building is an eyesore but itd look pretty silly if it wasnt there and people were trying to swim on the grass
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:13 pm

Dear A Horse called Juan Face ,

'' The darn things so logical 1 2 3 4......... ''

Frosty.
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext