epiphone electric guitar and 20watt amp

If you have any item you wish to sell then please list it on here.

epiphone electric guitar and 20watt amp

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:56 am

now sold

not really, but withdrawn fortime being.
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby bill » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Are you doing a special B O G O F ?
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

yes, give me £250 for the guitar and you get the amp free
general jack o'niell

Postby £3.73 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:52 pm

wouldn't you be needing it for an "authentic" Hostage reunion ? :D
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:46 pm

no, because i've never pretended to be able to play a guitar, even allowing for the fact i'm lefthanded, just never had the patience to sit down and learn, i still can't get my head round how anyone can play and sing at the same time, but since i've heard many a bad guitarist sing well and many a good guitarist sing dreadfully it would appear that any idiot can manage this feat, well there must be countless millions who can do it. i'm just not one of them, my brain refuses to store such things as chords. i was playing bass with the twisted melons last week and guitarist paul was shouting out chord changes to me, i had to tell him to save his breath as i had no idea what he was on about, show it to me and i'll play it, but tell me the chords and then take a picture of me, it's the only one you'll ever get of me looking confused and completely out of my comfort zone. likewise a vocal, don't tell me its in A or C. just play it to me once, then i'll have it, i've always been able to spot a mistake instantly by a guitarist, no matter how minor, but playing? no, never going to happen.

as for any reunion, my voice is my instrument, anyone who claims to have seen me play a guitar has been fooled as i was playing a guitar tuned to a certain key and playing straight bars, just to fill out the sound, must have worked, cos everybody assumes i've always played, tho i never have., i am brilliant on one string tho!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby £3.73 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:25 pm

I'm left handed as well, but I learned my trade at parties.
Thug was the only other left hander on the go, so right handed it had to be ... :D

It's quite useful though, I can play round the other way if I need too ... I have a left handed Variax 500.. well techno
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:18 am

no he wasn't he was righthanded as i used to play an old fender copy i bought down the barras back in 75, he loaned it to someone and i never saw it again, since he lives in canada now its probably sitting gathering dust in somebody's loft, so if anyone has a sunburst bass that they can't remember where they got it from and you live in the town area its mine and i'd like it back, i can teach my 11yr old daughter.

as for the epiphone, it might br staying, i was given a cd rom on electric guitar skills for fathers day, no use to me, but the daughter stuck it on her pc, plugged the eppie into the wee amp and within half an hour was blasting out power chords, she might be the next joan jett. give her six months and she'll be ready to go, now if i could just get the hang of this singing and playing at the same time thing i'm set, my 14yr old son is a drummer in the new grade 3 band and was in the double world champion novice band, has his own kit so is a far better drummer than "the rock" was at the same age(he didn't get a kit till his 15th birthday in august 1977. if i can just convince him that playing live in a band is better than all this mixing nonsense their into we'll be set to go, or i could just play bass and let the daughter sing, she's the best female vocalist i've ever sang with and i've seen one or two that had big reputations locally but fell well short in my ever so humble opinion
general jack o'niell

Postby £3.73 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:48 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:if i can just convince him that playing live in a band is better than all this mixing nonsense their into we'll be set to go

Good luck !!!

I did "the decks" for a while at one point, ( I was between bands at the time lol ), and it was a much better "female magnet" than playing guitar ever was (I'm sad to report) :( :shock:

How and ever ...great idea if you can get them motivated ... keep music 100% LIVE !!!
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:21 pm

you know the reason for that? they couldn't see you
general jack o'niell

Postby £3.73 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:34 pm

kudos !!! :D:D:D
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:46 pm

you know i didn't mean that, but i understand what your on about, i never got lucky as a front man, even my wife used to think i was an arrogant git that was full of himself, don't know where she got that idea? i can't remember ever moving from the mic, i even stood with my hand in my pocket, no, i might have tapped my foot on the odd solo, still, i expect my wit and charm came across off stage as it's 24yrs and counting this year.

i'm getting the impression that nobody wants to buy my guitar? it has a great backstory that i can't prove, but i first heard it in 1973 long before i owned it and concerns that other lefthanded bass player sometimes of this burgh.
general jack o'niell

Postby £3.73 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:26 pm

...... and that story would be ? .....

have you tried ebay?

It just so happens I have 2 proper cardboard boxes (inner & outer) for packing guitars you can have if you want .....
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:35 pm

comes with its own hard case, the story? can't put that on here, but i was told it in 1973 by the second owner. i'm the fourth, it came into my hands six years later to pay a poor lowly petrol pump attendant(in those days) court fine for possession, tho i never recall him ever buying any after that time, or before, not to share with me anyway!!!!
general jack o'niell

Return to For Sale