Organic boxes

If you have any item you wish to sell then please list it on here.

Organic boxes

Postby whimbrel59 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:32 am

Hello
We've a very limited number of veg boxes available this and next month, something we're hoping to do more regularly in 2004. It's basically surplus from a very large garden and some covered growing, not being run as a business but to nudge us towards self-sufficiency. If you're in the Southend/Campbeltown area and interested in taking a box - which is nuthin' fancy, just a box - please e-mail brianjwmorton@onetel.com. There's no choice. What you get will be what is ready to cut, but a likely combination would be: potatoes (two varieties - early and salad), cauliflower/cabbage, a lettuce, cucumbers, beans or mangetout, courgette or small squash, tomatoes, chilis, fresh laid eggs (Black Rocks and Marans). We'll add in herbs and flowers as and when we can. If there are things you definitely don't want (for examples, potatoes, or eggs, or chilis), just let us know.
All food is naturally grown on ground fertilised with seaweed and garden compost. We're a bit sceptical about the 'organic' label, which is often just an anagram for 'expensive', but there are no chemicals in or around what you get, which does mean you might find a slug or an earwig somewhere in there. Sue us. There's no set price. We'll simply hope for a donation towards essential restoration and repair.
We can drop it off in Southend or if you can't get around easily. Or you can come and collect from Dalsmirren, and have a glass of something if you're not the designated driver. That way you get to see the stuff being dug up.
It'll have to be first come, first served this year, and the numbers will be limited, but if you are interested in principle in taking a box and happy to have your e-mail kept on record, do still let us know. We're not able to take phone enquiries because, duh, we're out digging and watering.
whimbrel59
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Organic boxes

Postby gray_marian » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:46 pm

I'll be amazed if you have any boxes left this weekend. What a great idea, sorry I don't live on the peninsula.
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Sorry.Did not get the joke. :?:
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gray_marian » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Roger, the chap has posted in the wrong thread......I presume!

Anyway while your on...... any Jokes? :)
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:18 pm

gray_marian wrote:Roger, the chap has posted in the wrong thread......I presume!

Anyway while your on...... any Jokes? :)

I was making a feeble attempt at irony.Due to swiftly dis-appearing brain cells I have to check history on here before posting. :(
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gray_marian » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Oop's
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to For Sale